In this, our last week, we’ll wrap up our discussion of Hegel. We’ll look at the argument of the opening section in some detail, as well as discuss different approaches to the overall interpretation of the Logic.
- Notes: The Categories of Quality (PDF)
- Grads (pick one)
- Beiser, “Hegel, A Non-Metaphysician?”
- Bowman, “Self-Determination and Ideality in Hegel’s Logic of Being”
- Houlgate, “Houlgate, commentary on Being-Nothing-Becoming”
- Pippin, “Hegel on Logic as Metaphysics”
- Tolley, “Hegel’s Conception of Thinking in his Logics”